Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crockpot Applesauce


I had so much fun making this and I look forward to making apple butter soon using the same recipe. This was so easy I will not be buying in store again. Yes, definitely avoiding the yucky preservatives and High Fructose Corn Syrup. Enjoy!

Yields 4 cups

9 cups Chopped and Peeled Apples
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1/2 cup Water
1 tab Lemon Juice

Peel the apples and use an apple core to remove middle and chop the apples.

Cook in crockpot for 4 hours on high. You can add in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. If you use more than this it may get really strong. Of course each time you make it you can adapt more and more changes. Once apples are soft use an immersion blender or fork and make smooth or chunky.

Store in a jar for up to three weeks in the fridge or freeze in ziploc bags.

Note: Best sweet apples are Red Delicious, Empire, Fuji, Granny Smith or Regent.
Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...