Saturday, September 24, 2011

Granola Bars


I had so much fun making these and never knew how easy they were. I will next time soak my oats first to make the oats easier to digest and softer. But never the less yummy! Enjoy

Adapted here from Kitchen Stewardship

Bake at 325 15-20 mins
Yields 20

4 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour 
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Butter (softened)
1 cup Honey

Additions:

1 cup Nuts
1 cup Coconut
1 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup Peanut Butter instead of Butter
Your possibilities are endless!!

Mix honey and butter well. Add in rolled oats, flour, baking soda and vanilla. Be sure to mix these in well, then add your additions.

Press well into a 13X9 buttered pan or they will fall apart. Bake and let cool.

Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...