Sunday, September 25, 2011

Green Beans with Tomatoes and Garlic


I normally make green beans this way or with Turkey pieces minus the tomatoes, garlic and dice my onions instead.

When buying your fresh green beans you can also just blanch them, cool them and freeze for other meals. Enjoy!

2 cups Diced Roma Tomatoes
1 cup Sliced Onions
1 cup Chicken Stock
3 cups Fresh Green Beans
3-4 Fresh Garlic Cloves Minced
2 Tab Olive Oil
1 Tab Nature's Own Seasoning 

1). Saute onions in olive oil 4-6 minutes till translucent in stock pot. Add garlic for about 3-4 minutes.

2). Add chicken stock, nature's own seasoning, tomatoes and green beans.

Note: If you have never cleaned your own green beans they really simple. Snap off each end and pull the sting if there. Chop to size and wash off. I always buy my Nature's Own Seasoning from Walmart, seems to be the only place I have found it.

3). Cook for about 30-40 minutes covered till soft and stir occasionally.

Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...