Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade: Brown Sugar Icecream Cookies AKA Sandwiches

Let me just say that these did not last long. Once I froze them and put them in the freezer for easy access. They were gone! I will surely keep making these and come up with my own cookie mix because these are very sweet and not good on the waistline.


Brown Sugar IceCream Cookies
Yields 6


Ingredients:

1/2 Stick Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
3 Tab Sugar (for rolling)
Large Mixing Bowl
Wooden Spatcula or Hand Mixer
Parchment Paper
Cookie Sheet
Small Frying Pan
Ice Cream (Your Choice)

Directions:

Melt butter in frying pan and cook till brown. Once butter has browned remove from heat and cool. Go ahead at this point and heat oven to 350. Once cooled mix with brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Once combined add remaing ingredients. Dough will be sticky. Roll into twelve balls and place six on the lined cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cook both sets of cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and place a scoop of icecream in each cookie and place back on pan in freezer for a let a hour to set. Enjoy!

Note:

My cookies only needed 8-9 minutes, plus I wanted them soft. The cookies spread so only cook six at a time.

Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...