Sunday, September 25, 2011

Time Saver: In the Kitchen


Since my family and I have changed our eating habits. We have been in the kitchen alot and some days I feel like the meals will never be done. So I came up with the bright idea why not chop the vegetables before hand.

I shredded 5 lbs of potatoes in the food processor and made 5 three cup bags for hash browns. I peeled and chopped 2 lbs of carrots in one cup increments. Diced and sliced 3 lbs of onions in one cup increments.  Lastly I diced and sliced 2 lbs of green peppers in 1 1/2 cup increments. I still have a 5 lb bag of potatoes to dice and freeze.

Things I will use these for:
  • Spicy carrots, potatoes and onions
  • Homemade Soup
  • Taco Meat Sauce
  • Homemade Stock
  • Homemade Pizza
  • Pasta Sauce
What are somethings you make ahead? What saves you time.

Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...