Monday, September 10, 2012

Homemade Burritos


I have been making these yummy Beef Burritos for about 4 months now and they are very freezer and budget friendly. Perfect for lunch and a snack.

Cost break down:

(2) 8 ct Kroger Brand Tortillas (in cold section with cheese) $1.35 each
(2) Vegetarian Refried Beans $0.99 each
(2) Enchilada Sauce $0.99 each
1 lb Ground Beef $3.00 (sub ground chicken or turkey)
1 Taco Seasoning Pack $0.39
8 oz Sour Cream (my change) $1.00
8 oz Salsa (my change) $0.60
1 1/2 cup Cooked rice (my change) $0.60
3 cups shredded cheese $1.50
1/2 cup chopped onion (my change) $0.30

Total $14.05 for 16 Burritos or $0.88 each

I have always been able to find these items on sale so my cost has always been lower. These sale at the grocery stores for $1.00 or more each. I have piece of mind and know what my family is eating. The 25 ct. Reynolds Wrap Burritos can be purchased at Dollar Tree and I reuse these for each batch.

If you would like to make your own here is the recipe.

Let me know if I missed a deal. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...